We are hiring! Design Engineer
Mormedi – The Foresight and Creation Company.
We are a leading design and innovation consultancy specialized in the strategic design of physical and digital products and services. Our HQ is in Madrid, Spain with representation in North America, UK and Japan, as we work with clients across the Globe. As a boutique, full-service consultancy we always start our projects with a strategic discovery process to ask the big questions and to set up a clear vision.
We then work through iterations of design, creation and evaluation to find meaningful and magical solutions that meet and exceed expectations. We then engage in detailing and defining the product/service and guiding it through manufacturing processes to market implementation.
We work in a multi-disciplinary manner to ensure we have a holistic and thorough view of the problem being solved.
We are looking for a Design Engineer with a passion to make real world impact to join our Design team in our Madrid studio.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Mixed with creative flair and design ability
- Inquisitive mindset and research skills, for user, system, material, and technology research
- Good visual and spatial awareness
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and how things are made
- Strong Mechanism design skills
- Attention to detail and precision in execution.
- Quality 3D CAD skills – Experience building product parts and assemblies in 3D CAD (We use Rhino 3D, Creo, Keyshot)
- Detailed Part design and preparation, including documentation ready for Manufacturing
- Experience of Injection Molding, Machining and Additive manufacturing techniques.
- Dealing with local and international prototyping and manufacturing vendors
- Commercial and Budget awareness
- Excellent project management skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated Professional work approach
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience design and innovation Enthusiast
- Appreciation of technology and its impact on innovation
- Appreciation of sustainability and waste reduction
- High professional proficiency in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- A third language is appreciated
- BA / MA in Design Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Design or similar
- Minimum of 4 years in a Professional Engineering role
- Experience in creating Injection Molded parts a must
If this description sounds interesting and you want to be part of a young dynamic team, please send us your CV and portfolio to email@example.com